Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tuesday jan 31, 2012

Good evening,

We had another good day. Linda went up to exercise this AM and I did something, can't remember what , but I did it. When she got back we decided to go off the island and into Aransas Pass. We stopped at the quilt shop here in town to thank the lady there that was so nice last year that helped us decide to come back to Port A. We took the ferry across and went to Walmart. We got some things we thought we needed and I got some RV wash and wax stuff, as I am to frugal to pay for someone else to detail the RV. We have wanted to stop at Sonic to eat but with the the camper attached we could never get into their lots, so today with just the truck we could. It was good and quite funny when a bird almost came in through Linda's window while we ate. The birds hang around like they do at Mc Donald's and one landed on Linda's mirror and as the window was open, Linda jumped and squawked and the bird flew off. We came back across and stopped at the visitors center and picked up some more info and discount coupons. Made a couple more stops before coming back to the park. The neighbor ladys were out so Linda went visiting while I started washing the RV. What a pain! I now almost wish I wasn't so frugal(cheep is the real word). I got the front and one side done. I had a great phone call with Steve P. . He's my old boss and a good friend. We talked for quite a while and as normal, I feel kind of guilty talking about the great weather and all the fun we are having, while some folks have to stay up North and deal with the snow and cold. I really do feel bad that you all can't be here with us, and do hope that at some point you can travel as you may wish. I will try and attach some pictures that we took today and a couple of our RV and the neighbors I took tonite. Spoke with Mom and Dad today and am glad to know they are getting over their colds. The guy across the street just told me he caught a 35LB red drum fish today along with a lot of other large fish. I guess I am going to have to get my gear out and try my hand at it too. I won't have a clue as to what kind looks like what and won't know what to do with any if caught, but if they are biting, it sounds like fun.
The Ferry

 A tug boat named after our granddaughter

 yes were are here

our neighbors after dark

another neighbor

one more
Iwe have put out a couple of solar lites but the picture didn't come out. I'll try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment