Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Feb 26,2012

It is with sad feelings I write my last post from Port Aransas, TX and the Pioneer Beach Resort.  We have notified the post office to the return change of address and all that stuff. They make it pretty easy but timing is everything.
 I have heartfelt feelings about leaving here. It is sort of like leaving a good friend behind. We have made some good friends, enjoyed the activities and seen quite a few attractions in this area, and when it comes down to it, there is lots more to see. I can say this because when I got up this morning the sun was coming up and the way the rays were coming above the horizon it looked like a star.  if it had been this way more often we might even be staying longer. Our neighbors are a great group of folks from around the country and have accepted us into their family of multiple year returnees. I still have some times that I feel like a real newbie, and they are just dealing with us. sort of like a little sibling feeling. I had really hoped that we could pull off a "happy hour" and treat these folks to some camp koolaid, and other northern specialitys, but weather has not ben condusive to sitting outside in the evenings.  of course it will be great today and make it even harder to leave, but we have made our decision and will leave tomorrow. we have really no idea where we are going first, except it will be north of Houston. The weather will be our controling factor, along with any places that we find to be worth checking out. For those unfortunate friends that have not experanced the "wandering life" of travelling throughout the great USA, you can't amaging just how much there is to see. Travelling down the road, at every exit,crossroad,side street,and intersection, we wonder just what might be down that way that would be wonderful to see and visit. There is really no way to know unless some one has told you about a specific place or thing to see. We don't plan our travels to any certian route as we want that free feeling, but unless you plan specificly to see noted attractions and follow from one to another you may miss some things but as it works for us you get to see many unexpected wonders. I am rambleing but want those(Allane,Steve,Charlie,Mary plus others) that may be comtemplating roaming around the country to understand that it is HUGE and there is no one place to find  everything to see written down. Start looking for things you might like to see or do and then let the road take you to them by a round about way. (note-travelling around bad weather can increase your planned milage)  Well, I hope you can understand my frame of mind and you all know me well enough to understand that my family and friends are everything to me and leaving them is very difficult to do. so I say this with a quiver in my voice "goodbye Port Aransas, hope to see you again very soon.   your freind, Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment