Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday feb 16, 2012

good Morning,
 Life here in Texas continues, we have been hanging around the Rv staying out of the wind and rain. I 'm joking, yesterday our friends , Tom and Aggie King. from PA that are also "winter Texans" came north from South Padre Island area for a visit. they called and said they were close but their GPS couldn't find our address and they were close but wanted to know if they should go on the ferry. I was sure that the GPS would have brought them north on RT 361 that I said not to take the ferrry ride and that they must have gone right by us and to turn around and head the other way about 3 miles. They  started calling out roadside places so I could explain where to go but none of them sounded familiar, not that I know hardly any places that well yet. As they went a little further I did realize they were going away from us and we finely figured that they had come the shoreside route around Corpus Christi vice the island side. well they got turned around and returned and took the ferry and got here shortly after that.  we had chatted at the rv and then went up town , found them a hotel just up the street from us and then drove around seeing the few sites in our area.  we stopped a "Fins" a local resturant that Linda had been wanting to try and as it was nice and warm we sat out on the deck overlooking the marina. we wre all surprized when Linda had a hamburger and even more astounded when I had chicken. I always have beef, but they advertized that they used the same type batter on the chicken as they use on their well loved fish, so I wanted to try it. I would never order fish and figured it was a good chance to check it out. It was good, but who ever heard of using a cornflake type batter on fish. The burgers were huge!   after eating and chatting we started out for more island viewing and decided to take the ferry ride , it is a blast and only takes about 5 minutes to get across. once across and into Aransas Pass, we stopped at the "big" grocery store H.E.B. (they have clean restrooms). killing two birds at once we picked up some supplys and headed home. we came back home and just sat and taked until after 8pm.  what fun it is to have them here!! this morning we are going out for breakfast. Tom loves beans and mexican and I think Aggie would rather have good old fashion breakfast so I think we will go to Taqueria San Juan as they have both. we haven;t been there yet but hear that it's pretty good. them maybe we'll take the truck and go for a beach ride along the sand and see the hearty soles that live along the way. I think it's neat but something about living on sand with the wind blowing and waves crashingg that I feel would get old quickly. heck, we here the ocean waves crashing from our place and we have huge dunes between us and the water and it's still loud.  OH, I almost forgot, as we were checking out the jetty park yesterday we saw our first Maine plate. tom was driving so we followed the pickup around the huge beach parking lot until they slowed down enough so we could pull along side a say hi. they are form some town up by Bridgton,me and are staying "on the beach" not real talkative but it was nice to know someone else from New England likes it here.
Tuesday evening Linda and I went to the Valentine dinner dance in the park, great food, great band good people. we met more folks and had fun. we sat with our neighbors and found out that they are both very good dancers. everyone here dances and does the Texas two step and I mean they dance. I usually love to dance, but I felt kind of intimidated as they whirled, waltzed, two stepped, and linedanced to very song. Dennis, our neighbor asked Linda to dance so he could teach her the T.T.S (2 step) and he made her look really good on the floor. She won't admit it but I know she won't remember how to do it again. We are talking about having a "neighborhood" street dance so we can all learn from each other. if it happens  I hope to get pictures.  well, I need to get ready for the day, but wanted everyone to know we are wll and really enjoying our visit with Tom and Aggie!!  love ya all, stay warm, healthy and happy, Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment