Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pioneer park/Port A Mardi Gras 2012






Wow!!! today was the best day we have had. The sun was out bright all day, just a slight breeze, and warm!!!  We went uptown so Linda could have her nails done, and I found a place to get my hair cut. I also go a new electrical outlet for the RV. It was luch time so we went to Cancun mexican restaurant. good food and hot salsa. came back home and Linda went right to the beach while I changed the outlet. I went down and sat with her for a couple of hours. We both now have some color. I actually walked into the water up to my knees and it wasn't bad, not hot remind you but warmer that York Beach at home ever has gotten. last nite there was a Mardi Gras parade here in the park and today there was the Port Aransas parade. Both were a blast!! lots of golf carts all decked out and folks dressed up. all the no partisipants in the park just sit out by our park roads and they drive by and throw beads and candy. You should see some of the outfits.  this afternoon we drove into town and parked and set up our chairs along the parade route. I'm glad we went early as it soon got really crouded and busy. We had a great spot as it was near the bigining of the route so we got lots of beads. I did have to show some leg to get a couple of the ladys to give me beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment