Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Feb 12, 2012

I'm backkkk. Sorry for the delay in writting, I have absolutly no excuse other than I am retired.  We have been keeping a low profile as the weather has been cold, overcast and windy. We have been visiting folks ,we met in NOLA, that have come to our park  and have loved spending time with them all. Linda and I have been invited to go to British Columbia during the summer and have actually looked on the map and seeings as it's only 3333miles it might just come to fruishion(how do you spell those big words).  we have been to an open mike nite, been out to dinner, ate at friends rv, ate dinner here at the rec center, ate breakfast at the rec center, ate at our rv, and keep eating. now Linda needs to exersize, and I can just keep eating. retirement at it's best..  the sun finely came out for about an hour last evening and is out today but it's only 56 and the wind is cold. I know you northeners have no simpathy for us and i do understand that. OH, so you will be sad that your not here to join me today, I am going to the belt sander races this afternoon!!! it should be a hoot.  Tom and Aggie, our friends from PA that winter further south from here are coming up for a visit next week and we are excited to see them. we had so much fun with them last year. i hope we can show them a good time here in Port A. at least they will eat well.   well I need to sign off and go outside and hold Linda down in her chair before she blows away. I wish I had a wind speed indicator as I know if I put out our awning this craft wood sail like a kite.  OH, for your info, the Hovacraft we build this fall had it's seatrials and had a couple of issues. on the first day it sheared the key in the thrust moter. that repaired the second trial commenced and it went well for a bit and then something happened and the thrust moter shaft broke and the prop hit the duct, broke the ends off the prop, and did some damage to the duct. Brian(the owner) sent me pictures and we still don't know what happened first. the prop hit, the shaft broke or what but repairs are needed. The good thing is that it floated, went over land, water, and ice so we know that styrofoam and wood floats and the "skirt" held in the air.  If anyone in a metalergist and wants to view the shaft parts to see if they can tell what caused the breakage, let me know.   send notes and emails, as if the weather doesn't break soon, I will have to start reading maps.  love and miss you all. your friendly winter Texan, Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment