Monday, February 21, 2011

Las Cruces, NM

view over Las Cruces from our RV park

Where we ate in Mescilla

Our RV (linda left the lite on)

Looking over the city and one range of mountains that surround us
Hi all,
 Well we have had a good time in Las Cruses, New Mexico(just north of El Paso Texas). As linda said yesterday we had a blowout on the trailer tire as we were getting here on Sunday. This morning(Monday the 21st, I got up and called the local Ford dealership(it's HUGE) and they said come right over. I found my way there and had the oil and filters changed, the tires rotated and a general look over. They didn't have a trailer tire so while I waited I called a local Rv center and the gave me a number of "ONSALETIRE" and they had plenty and were only a couple of blocks from the Ford garage. Truck done, 15 minutes at the tire place, a quick stop at True Value for a bolt and fitting, and back to the rv park. Only gone for a couple of hours. Tire mounted as spare and Linda and I headed back to town to the AAA office for NM, AZ maps and tour books(have no idea why we missed those states when we got books at home). From there we went to the oldest part of Las Cruces called Mesilla(mes-ci-a) and walked arond where Billy the Kid used to roam and was actually tried and convicted there. The old stage coach building is now a great resturant where we ate. I had met a guy in the ford place that was origanlly from Massichusets and came up to me wanting to hear me talk as he has been away for 32 years. He knew about Rochester area from when his son lived in Milton. He raved about the green chilie sauce in this area so I asked the waiter for some, a the red salsa was to hot for me. The green is great flavor and not HOT. The margueritas were very good too. We walked around the commons and checked out the shops. We met a salesman in the rug store(well I bought a mexican blanket there) and his wife was originally from Hampton, NH. we chatted and he told us he even knew about "brookers"  Seabrookers that is. We all laughed and had fun . His wife never tells anyone that she went to Winicunniet high schools as she is embarassed about Pam Smart issues. After spending enough time shopping and site seeing we headed back to Wally world(Walmart for thoses that aren't familier) food and stuff and back to the park for supper. I actually made meatloaf last nite, used the rubber pan and it survived the oven. I guess it's some kind of synthetic stuff and I was concerned. We warmed some up, nuked a potato and put together a salad, what a meal.  We walked around the park, which is on a high hill overlooking town, we took some day and nite pictures and hope they will show better on a screen than they do on the camera.  tomorrow we are headed to Willcox, NM on our way to Tomestone. Route 10 most of the day  and I don't look forward to it, as it's usually 3 lanes and quite busy, but there aren't many roads heading west "arond these parts". Now I will hand off the my presious wife so she can "fix" my spelling, grammer and my mis-telling of events.   Russ  (Some spelling I just won't correct.  I can't tell him that I am his precious wife! Everyday I am just thankful that Russ and I are sharing this adventure.) love to all-linda

No comments:

Post a Comment