Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011 Phoenix

Two nights in Phoenix.  We left Picacho on Saturday morning, after a lovely breakfast at the RV park we were so smittened with.  Breakfast was even better as we sat with folks who have spent months in that park, and returned trips year after year.  The park was just a off from Route 10, and we noticed the traffic noise.  The people we chatted with just enjoyed the park, their neighbors, the pool area, and other activities that the park had.  We all shared stories, which were very enjoyable, and they gave us suggestions of where we should stop on our way north thru Phoenix and then up to the Grand Canyon.  I had to ask if the roads were high and without guard rails, and they are so we aren't going on those scenic tours.  The park was so nice, we wish we could have stayed longer, but since we had reservations, we did not.  Moral of the story-never make reservations! 
So we arrived in Phoenix on Saturday afternoon.  Getting the camper backed in was interesting to say the least.  Russ managed as I knew he would, but without much help from me.  Oh well, he loves me anyway!  Phoenix is a big city, but doesn't have the skyscrapers like Boston or New York or Dallas.  And it seems to be completely surrounded by mountains.  Sunday, we went looking for quilt shops.  Love our GPS, but only found one to be opened.  One was sufficient-it was a nice shop and Russ is adding to my projects.  We drove down to Old Town Scottsdale, and walked through many, many jewelry shops.  Its always nice to walk in the sun and no snow and with my sandals on.  We found a place to dine, the 'Grapevine', so were able to dine out on their patio.  It was a nice day-and it was very nice to receive a phone call from Bruce & Cissy Furbish.  It was great to hear from the two of you and know that you are following our blog.  Its nice to know that friends and family are reading our 'babbling dribble'.  We are enjoying it ourselves. 
Today, we met up with the Browns-Ben, Donna, Alicia, Chris, and Jon.  They are staying in Scottsdale, so it was nice to see family from home and spend time with them.  We'll be heading north on Wednesday and they will be leaving on Thursday, so we hope to see them again.  If not, I know that we will get together at the island this summer.(Ben, we owe yiu a margureita)
Not much more going on now-or maybe I should pass it onto my humorous husband.  And here HE is!!!
Linda and Pete

I think I've lost her! Willie I want her back!!

One of the hundreds of orange trees in this park.
love to all-linda  well my bride has about covered it. she didn't tell you that she haqd her picture taken with "Wille Nelson" and Catus Pete today. she was good about it, even though she wasn't thrilled with the whole scene,   Tomorrow we need to g to MY store, Lowes as we need to get some RV antifreeze for our trip further north. It appears that it may be freezing and I don't want to get caught short.  I am looking forward to really shopping. She thinks I'm nuts. If you look at Phoenix on the map it look pretty big but it really doesn't show just how spread out it is. I have no idea where everyone work or lives but it appears that they all work at retail places just to support the huge amounts of people. kind of a big circle if youget my thought. I now also know that I wish I had invested in stop lights, they are all here! the travel lanes are marked out for tiny cars, not trucks, my mirrors cross the line when I am in the middle of my lane. Not complaining just triing to give you a feel for the area.  Hey are they talking about Charlie Sheen everywhere as much as they do here? It's all that is n the news.  IThey also are ravingf about the snow, they got a inch or so and it's like a huge deal. I guess you don't have much sympathy in New england.  Have we told you that we are enjoying our RV home(we bought it from 125 RVand Marine in Rochester, NH) and I am hoping that when we get home I can get some deals for parts if I mention their name . just kidding, we do enjoy the roominess, convience and it has become home to us. As Sweetie said ( i call her that when she isn't looking) it's nice to here from our friends and family that our ravings are being followd and that someone other than me are having fun with it.  Well I've added nothing to this so I will quit and try and add a picture of Linda ad Willie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment