Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday, January 30

Hi-
We are sitting out in the sun, and it 5:45.  Really waiting for clothes to dry-had to do a couple of loads of wash, but some will be to put some winter clothes away, hopefully for a while.  Russ & I went into Austin this morning and spent most of the day.  We walked and walked and walked.  Then I came back and did some jump roping-just to see if I still could.  Oh, and I hear the banjo in the camper, so Russ must be practicing.  I think its the first time he's taken it out of the case, but it has alot of mileage on it, taking it from the truck to the camper.  Since we are in this park for a while, he'll use it more.  Hope the neighbors don't mind.  Well, we walked and went into the Capitol Building here in Austin.  Its kind of a beige and I saw someplace that it is marple, or granite, another thing I'll have to check on at a later date.  I do know that I had to see where the House of Representatives meet and I figured it would be HUGE-seeing we are in TX.  Then I realized that NH has the largest House of Representatives in the country, so we didn't bother finding it.  We had a mission to find a particular item in the gift shop. 
Have to stop now, as I need to do the laundry.  Will get back to this later.
Back again on Monday morning.  Its chilly out.  Know I shouldn't complain but its 55 out.  Listening to the weather for up north though, and ths is good. 
Back to Austn-we walked along 6th street looking for a place to dine.  I'm so glad that restaurants have menus outside.  We ended up at JACKALOPE-don't think they have a website.  Heck, I think we found the only table that both the chairs and the table were level.  Food was good but since it was lunch, no margaritas.
We had originally planned on going on the DUCK tour when we got into the city, but when we got to the Austin Tourist Center, they are not running as the river has been lowered.  We did walk to the river-its the Colorado River, and we both thought that a DUCK boat could have maneuvered.  January apparently isn't a big tourist month, so Austin lowered the river to do some cleaning.  What month do they do that to the Piscataqua? 
Russ washed the outside of the 5th wheel earlier this morning (I was still in bed).  Now he's going to find a car wash to was the truck.  We'll head back into Austin later today-so we can spend some evening time on sixth street-where the action is.  Thought we were leaving this area tomorrow, but we have two more nights here.  Have fun and keep shovelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment