Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday morning still in Tennessee



Good morning-
We are now in Lawrenceburg, TN.  Came off from our mountain yesterday, after the sun came out and we hoped the roads were safe and drove about 75 mile to Lawrenceburg.  We did meet the owner of the 'wilderness campground' and he told us that the reason he started to build it was because he really wanted to travel around the country in a travel travel and his wife wasn't interested.  So, since he had alot of time on his hands, he figured the travellers would come to him!  They aren't as much as he would like, but he has something to keep him busy.  I'm feeling very fortunate that Russ was willing to travel.  If not he would have wanted to buy the gravel pit out in back of the house and open the Wildnerness Campground in Barrington, NH.  Oh, the owner (Don Spencer) did tell us it was real busy the last weekend in October when the Lynchburg Barbecue Cookoff was held.  They had so many people in the campground "that you couldn't stir them with a stick".  I just love some of the expressions people have.
Well, once we got to Lawrenceburg, we met Rick Goodfriend, his wife Rory, and their daughter Monica (in the Walmart parking lot).  Rick was our photographer or our wedding (I think I mentioned that earlier).  We had lunch, chatted quite alot and then they led us to the campground we are in.  Although we knew Rick (and he even came to a Christmas party of our's back in 2005), we had not met Rory and Monica.  Russ & I settled in to get the camper set up and heat started.  Another cold day in southern US.  Last night Rick & Monica came over for more conversation.  I am so glad that Russ has maintained contact with people in different places so that we have people to visit with.
Oh, and yesterday we stopped at a craft shop just a little down the road.  Owner was not there, but Gramma was along with her husband.  Her best quote was that Russ has an accent, but I don't!
Well, Russ is pestering me to get going and I need to go to the bathhouse to take a shower.  I sure hope the heater is working and the water is warm.  We really need to find some warm weather cause I want to wear some sandals! 
Headed to Memphis-I think the folks on the wagon trains got across TN faster than we did, but we are having fun!
hi all,
as linda said, it was great to see Rick and meet his family.  woke to a colder rv this am as the propane tank had run out and i haden't set it to auto tranfer to the other tank. I didn't want to take the chance that I wouldn't remember to check them. going to try and have them both filled/topped off before we leave in a while. I expectto hear a screem in a couple of minutes, as Linda just headed to the shower and it is only 32 here and when see steps into that water before it get warm, better her than me. i did it last nite. got three stations on the tv this am and it's eather car sales, cartoons, or weightloss so I am lowering the antenna and getting ready to head out. If we get a few minutes, I will try and upload some pictures.  Big thanks to our bestest friends at home for watching and working to keep the homestead safe and sound. love you all.    Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment