Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday Jan 28

hi,
 We are here!! We got to Port Aransas yesterday afternoon, after a long drive. It felt long but not that far mileagewise but long because of very strong head winds and a little "Garmin" GPS issue when we got close. The much antisipated ferry ride across the channel was so easy that I wondered why I had been concerned. We got setup and had and early nite. This morning we went up to the REC hall and had a great breakfast and chatted with some of the "locals" as we have started calling the park regulars. We walked around the park and met some more folks and then Linda went for a long walk on the beach and I met John our next door neighbor. He's quite the character and has taken me under his wing to learn the park and introducing me to everyone. as he says he has a little dememtia so may repeat stuff. he  doesn't lie. I met the builder of all the steps, fences, stairs etc , he's been coming here for 9 years. I should explain that I feel pretty young around here, as I met "stairbuilder"(I can't remember his name) when he came from next door to see if I had a bandaid as he had just drilled a small hole into his finger and that because he's on Cumidum he bleeds very easy. Well, I got him aided up and then chatted and held things while he finished building steps  I had a ton more written and the internet crashed so from now on I'm going to write in windows and then copy and paste into this online contraption.  we met lots of folks and are having a blast. your friendly folks from away.  Russ and Linder( the Conners will understand)
Russ is a bit frustrated as he had written more and seems to have lost it.  We have also met Betsy (John's wife); and our neighbors to the left who have a dog and she loves yellow, and their names are Mary and Larry; and the folks next to them who are from PA, who's names are Mike and Kathy.  I am trying to jot their names down so that we can remember them all. 
We have been invited to go out with Betsy and John for a pizza buffet on Monday along with any of the neighbors who would like to go.  I think we are going to like this place.  We really haven't met the folks across the street, but there's always tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment