Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally here!!!

HI!!!!
We are in Port Aransas.  We have been talking about this place for the past year and we finally, finally, travelled across the route 361 ferry, onto Port Aransas, and into the Pioneer Beach Resort this afternoon.  We can't believe that we are here.  Backed into the spot where we will be spending the next 8 weeks or so, and got the camper ready for time at the beach.  It is beautiful.  We walked to the beach-490 steps to the beach.  490 steps!!!!  There's a boardwalk across the dunes, and then we hit the beach.  Our campsite is so close.  Can you tell how excited I am!  I rolled up my jeans, and went into the water.  It is beautiful.  So WARM!!!  Its warmer than York Beach ever was while we were spending our weeks there for a number of years.  I was so happy.  Last year when we were 'investigating' Port Aransas, I went into the water and it was cold, but today was beautiful.  Tomorrow is breakfast at the club house or rec center or whatever it is called.  We are looking forward to meeting our new neighbors.  Took a walk around the park, after a walk on the beach, and didn't see any NH plates.  Closest I think was Ohio!  Oh, and we have the camper door open right now, to feel the breeze from the beach. 
We'll send pictures soon.  Going to shake the sand our of my toes now.  Love Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment