Saturday, January 21, 2012

jan 21 2012

Hi,
We left NOLA this morning andtravelled to Marthaville,LA ( just south of Shrevesport). We are about 75 miles out of nola and we both wondered why we left. There was so much more we could have done there. We had met some great folks and were having fun, but we continued on. I MUST tell you all that my butt is sore! let me explain,  US 10 and then Rt 49 are they most corupt roads I have seen.  As I told linda, the is nothing along 40 other than BUMPS!!!!!!!!!! This so called road in nothing but concrete washboard!!!! We have do some travelling and have seen :nothingness" before but there is really nothing along this route. I am sure the locals would skin me but I have no idea why anyone would live out there unless they want to be alone. Linda will tell you I am exagerating and I might be pushing it a little but not much.  We did take a little side trip and went to one of the highest rated Boudin meat shops in the country to get some of this fine saugage. the place was quite small but very busy and hopefully it will cook up to be a tasty meal.  We had found this very nice campground online last nite and it is very nice. The lady owner said to pick the spot we wanted, there was abot 50 open sites. The only question is why do they call it "countryside". The is noithiung here BUT county!!!! nothing else, not even a gas station. there is a pile of logs across the road and I have seen abot 4 cars in the last 4 hours. Country is an understatement!!! I hope you all know I am not complaining but trying to be honest and keep you coming back to out blog. Tomorrow we expect to leave here in the morning and get to our friends Joey and Brenda's in a few hours.  We are both looking forward to spending some time with them. This will be the second time in 45 years that I have seen Joey P, last year was the first.  > J.A  we  haven't found the sauce yet, but still looking.    now I must let my most ardent supporter review this for spelling and gramacital errors.  Smiles and Hugs, Russ 
I am not correcting his spelling.  Its just Russ! 
Yes, it was fun in NOLA and I wish we hadn't left.  As Russ said we met some great couples, and left our email address on their windshields.  We apparently get going in the morning early then them.  The are all going to be in Texas and looking for places to visit, and know where we are going, so we are hoping to hook up with them again.  I'm sure we will. 
Tomorrow into Texas, and eventually to Port Aransas.  Hope the weather will be warm.
Talk to you all later-linda

No comments:

Post a Comment