Monday, January 5, 2015

Jan 5 2015

We left Palmyra,PA this morning at 8AM in windy cold conditions. We had talked to our friends Ron and Rosie and had planned to meet them for lunch just off the highway in Staunton,VA, near where they live. We called the while travelling and they were both sick and couldn't
meet us so we drove straight thru to Max Meadows,VA.  We got into Ft. Chiswell RV Park at 3:45 and got setup. we stayed here last year and it's an easy in and easy out just off the highway. Linda hasn't had time to do her daily walk so she donned her winter woollies and went for a walk around the park.  I fooled around with the tv and went out and took a couple of pictures. We have decided that we should have a picture of the places we stay to put with the park info we keep in case we get back into the same area.  I am doing this on the IPad and it doesn't have a camera plug in point .  I guess I should have just taken the pics with the IPad.  Confounded contraptions!  It is expected to be around 20degrees tonite so we will have to disconnect the H2O before going to bed.  I did put some water in our fresh water holding tank so if we need it during the nite or at some point we will have a little water.  I haven't flushed the holding tank so it might be a little pink colored from the RV antifreeze(non toxic), and might taste a little for a minute or so.  This cold weather camping is a pain, but we work thru it. Tomorrow we hope to make it the almost 6 hours to Lebanon,TN (just east of Nashville)  We are just pushing thru, as it is pretty cold and not much to see at this time of year. Well, I guess there might be if we weren't wanting to get south and west, in hopes of warm weather. Hope you are all well and enjoying winter.  I will pass this to the navigator and let her clean up my spelling. Hugs
I may have missed a few spelling errors, but the material is correct.  It has been cold, and other than just walking around the park to get some of my steps in, I don't want to do much sightseeing.  We had a great few days in Palmyra.  Peyton and Gavin are busy and Griffin isn't quite sure who or what we are.  I'm sure he will catch on.  A grandmother can only hope.
Right now, weather permitting, we should be in AZ as of the 15th.  Need to get rid of the long johns on my walks.  Love to all.......linda

No comments:

Post a Comment