Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jan 17 Saturday

I'm back!!! this retired life is confusing me, I lose track of time, day and what we have been doing, but I will try and catch you up. I have posted some things on Facebook so some of this may be a rerun for some of you.  we left off on the nite of the potluck which was Wednesday. Thursday we got up and went to our daily coffee at the club house and saw more folks. Linda had gone for her morning walk and I puttered around getting more stuff scattered about. Our tv had worked at some point by using the antenna but didn't find any channels when I turned it back on. a real pain but it kept me busy for a while. Never did get it fixed. I floundered with the Dish setup and was still waiting for the new box to be delivered by UPS.  we decided to go and watch the group play :pickleball". we had heard about it but didn't know what it was all about. After watching for a while and asking lots of questions, I still don't have a clue other than it has a "kitchen" and is somewhere in the idea of tennis/badminton/pingpong/ and I think some roulette thrown in to confuse me even more. We will try it one of these days.  we seem to like to walk around the park and look at all the perminent place that are for sale here. no we aren't looking to buy, but I have mentioned that I have some land in Maine if someone wants to swap for a "park" model.  at some point Thursday we went to Casa Grande for some supplies. food and then gutters to put the sani hose in to keep it off the ground. we went to Sonic as we can't do the drive thru with the 5th wheel hooked on and they don't have them at home.  Linda found a shoe store and got hiking boots and sandles so she is set. we went to Fry's grocery store and got some food including a roasted chicken for supper. ater we got home and ate, I spent a couple of hours trying to get this dadblum "Chromecast" to connect with the internet AGAIN. I am beginning to think it's hopeless as this is an over 55 park and I need a teenager to figure this out. TV still not working.
Friday started as our normal routine, linda walking, me facebooking and then to coffee at the club house.  we did get some more lites and decorations up at the RV site and the awning rigged for lites. They have a game called "horseracing" here that one couple runs. It is a plywood board with 6 lanes and 10 spots for each lane. everyone "buys" a card with a horse number on it(or more than one card if your rich) 10 cents a card, then they roll two dice and whatever numbers come up they move that horse one spot forward. After the first horse passes the last spot, that horse or horses win and whomever has that number gets the pot.sometimes you have to split the pot.  one would never think a bunch of adults could make such a ruckus yelling for their plastic horse" to run you old nag "and jump(not very high) when your horse won. it's alot of fun and we all have a ball trying to figure why it's so much fun.  the sun has been out and nice. mid 30's at nite  and 65-70 degrees during the day and we are loving it. I finely got my banjo our of the case(where it has been for over a year) and started tuning it and a string broke so went online to find a place I could get strings. The "dish" box had been delivered and I hooked it up but nothing happened so again I called Dish and they walked me all thru the setup and it was susposed to come on within a 1/2 hour and I needed to get to the clubhouse so I hung up.  at 530 went to the club house for darts. Linda took the washing and did alot of washing and drying as I played darts. I haven't thrown since last year while we were here. I had drawn #9 so that teamed me up with my friend Frank. neither of us did very well, but I did get a couple of bullseyes and we did win 3 out of 8 games. not good enough to get into the play offs but we had fun.  Linda had finished and was back at the rig when I got home. She was watching a tv show on the computer.. I tried the Dish and nothing happened so I called Dish again and spent over an hour on the phone, but then everything worked and we could watch tv. It is hard to get used to watching the 11 oclock news at 9pm, as the time differance can fool you. 
Saturday we went to coffee and then took the banjo and drove the 35 miles to Tucson and went to "Guitar Store" as one of the musicions in the park had reccomended. They were great,  they removed the strings, cleaned everything, polished and restrung. tightened and restreached the new strings. the guy was very good but he had to replace two of the new strings to get it to tune correctly. after an hour he finished and it sounded great(I wasn't behind it) so it should sound good.  Linda had found a "Fresh Tomato" resturant close by so we went there for lunch. It's an awesome place. you go in and it's a huge salad bar with all the fixings. all their veggies are fresh daily from local farms. they have  over 8 fresh soups to pick from as well as baked potatoes, pizza, muffins/cornbread, pasta of numerious styles and soft serve ice cream with tons of toppings. we did really well as Linda got the SR discount. haha   we left there stuffed and went to a local fresh market and got some ribs and chicken that was on sale. home again linda put on her bathing suit and laid in the sun as I played with the banjo, until she had heard enough. how anyone is expected to get their fingers in thoses positions is beyond me, but I will keep trying.   
we are having a ball and enjoying everything. the people are fun and the weather si wonderful so we can't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment