Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jan 21

welcome to Picacho Peak RV Resort and your hosts Russ and Linda,
 sounds like we have something to do with sometthing but we don't. we are having a blast and seem to be busy all the time. We played trivia my team beat Lindas but we came in second. We didn't know Casper the friendly ghost's horses name. I didn't remember him having one, but I did remember Gumby had Poakie. We have played bingo, I won one card. last nite I played bingo and did quite well and if there hadn't been a mix up in recording winners of each match we would have been in a playoff for winners of the evening. 
 on Monday afternoon I notice water leaking from our " loo" when it was flushed so got out the manual and determined that it needed a new vacuum breaker. it is amazing the things that are hidden in the most obvious places in these RV's. I found this under a little plastic cover right on top behind the commode, right where it should be. I made a couple of calls to RV parts places but they were all closed for the holiday( by the way these holiday day offs are wonderful, I get to do nothing)  I asked around my neighboring sites and they said to go to Norris's in Casa Grande so after coffee on Tuesday we went. found the place and they had just what the manual called for. we got that and had a 20# propane bottle filled for a friend. only $13 fir 4.5 gallons of propane was cheep.   change of subject for a moment, they play pickleball daily here in the park and the guy that is the most involved came by our site and asked what I thought of making some paddles for the group with him. it needs 3/8 good quality plywood, and he said he hadn't been able to find any. I figured that he just wasn't searching in the right places so I said that Iwhen we were out I would look around. back to our tip to Casa Grande, we found and old lumber yard (the guys at the RV parts place told me about it) but they are just about out of the wood material business and are doing cabnets and carpet so that was a bust. they did tell me of a place in Tucson but had never been to it.  by the way Dave and Virl, our best friend want a deck built and so I have been looking around for a good lumber yard to work with on structural design halp for this desert conditions. all they have here is Lowes and Home Depot and they don't even have 3/8 plywood! I needed for the paddles. we we continued around Casa Grande stopping at lowes, Home Depot, Joanns fabric for duct tape that Linda wanted, went to lunch at Chile's( we had a gift card, thank you to who ever gave us that one, it was a good meal) then we stopped at Walmart. I have been looking for a propane turkey fryer so we can host a "Friday" while we are here. that's what Linda and I call the times we invite friends over to the house and tell them to bring what ever they want to fry, and that we will cook anything but marshmellows. it's alot of fun and we do it at home so thought it would be fun here too. well, haven't found a fryer yet, but i DON'T GIVE UP EASILY AND WITH DIESEL FUEL AT $253 A GALLON WE WILL FIND ONE. we made it home and after all kind of modifications i got the vacuum breaker installed and everything is in working order.  I wonder what today will bring. it doesn't matter, the weather is in the high 70s during the day and upper 40s at nite the sun shines and kife is great.  this writting has been all over the place but that is how my days go. after coffee at the clubhouse anything goes.   hugs from the handyman

No comments:

Post a Comment