Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12 smiles

we went to the San Diego Zoo and Balboa park today.  The zoo is huge so we took a narrated bus tour thru all the exhibits and then got off and walked most of the zoo. really neat animals and if they come out some special shots of the Polar bears.




we then walked to Balboa Park and wondered around for the afternoon. The wandering is free but they charge for most of the museums and exhibits and I didn't want to pay for "art" stuff I wasn't that interested in.  We had great weather and it was warm but not to hot.



on the way back to the rv park we found a VONS food market so stopped to resupply. California is quite expensive but they gave us a discount card like Fry's and a lot of the other stores have so it was a lot cheaper.  when we got back to the Rv I got a message that the truck was done. A day early !! I got the rental gassed up and went and got the truck. The girl at the Ford garage was great. they had everything done, tires rotated, pressures where I wanted them, oil and filter done, turbo hose and pipe, clamps and more fixed. I am so glad that I have the extended warrantee. 
 got back and we had a great steak dinner on the grill. Called and left a message for Dean, our friend from home, that is out here working for the shipyard.
I got a message the Joey Paradis  had called so I called him and we had a great chat. He and I talked about  thoughts about a future garage he is thinking about. I do hope that he and Brenda can visualize offsetting the garage  from the house. If YOU (I know they read this blog) have the back follow the existing retaining wall out back, you will get more sun, less trees to cut, and will break up the front view so it has more "curb appeal". love ya both.
We  are planning to head north then east towards Prescott, AZ on Friday AM.
 hope everyone is well and ready for a great summer.
 tomorrow we plan on touring an aircraft carrier and then go to the beach and Pt. Loma

No comments:

Post a Comment