Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jan 16th 2013 sidehill sanctuary

 overlooking the "lake" from our door
 quite a walk down and back to the bathrooms and closest showers
home sweet home

Hello from Fort Mill SC,
 The pictures are from last nites KOA sidehill sanctuary in Stauton, VA.    
 We got an early start this am to try and get ahead of the predicted snow. we drove in hard rain most of the day and lots of truck traffic. Just where they all are going is beyond me, but there are alot of trucks hauling stuff.  Our truck performed well, and we continue to keep our fingers crossed and watch the turbo gage more than the speedometer.  We drove down rt 81 and onto Rt77 just before Wytheville(we stayed there two years ago). For the Conners and Voich's we drove right by the hotel we stayed at when we were all headed to the outer banks before our diversion to Lake Douglas.  We continued to and thru Charlotte, NC and just into Sc and are staying at the Crown International Campground . right in the middle of a huge housing development. It's nestled in the only treed area left. got a nice spot and totally hooked up all services and even got the hot water heater going. The folks in the office said that we might get some snow early tonite but should be ok later in the morning. We will play it by ear, hang around if it's nasty or just leave early if it's decent weather. I want to thank my good friends for they're great moral support. They have more faith in my Ford than I did. 
 Steve P.    Linda loved your story about climbing down into the woods looking for your tire only to come back to the road with someone else's. Glad to know you weren't hurt when it came off, and to hear that the car is coming back together nicely.  Take some pictures of your newly "tinned" mail box and bucket post, that way you will have proof if someone runs over it again.  did I sequence this so everyone will think you ran over your own mail box?  well?   I'll be honest, he didn't do it. 
 well, I'll turn this over to the real composer to correct my grammer and spelling.  wish you all well and hugs and smiles.   your gage reader.
Not correcting his spelling tonite.  He's the one who plays Words with Friends.  I purchased a Scrabble game before Christmas, so we played a game before dinner.  Although I won, I had forgotten how difficult it was.  It was fun, and perhaps, if we play more often, we will both be better spellers.
Tomorrow off to Savannah, GA.  Will take a tour around the town, and I think I need to find some places to eat.  We keep seeing signs along the highway for wineries.  Haven't visited any yet, perhaps soon. 
Heavy rain out right now, so we can't even walk outside, but we will.  Enjoying ourselves.  I do love the tin boxes we are travelling in and living in.  I am so fortunate....
Talk to y'all again.  Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment