Wednesday, March 16, 2011

homeward bound

Hi followers of the "wonderers",
 I just wanted to take a minute and tell everyone a few things about travelling and "stuff". You all know that i love my wife with all my heart, but after two months of 24 hours a day, I still love her and even more now. She has been(and still is) my copilot, navagator,"tinbox" cohabitator, truck Mama, picture taker, and alot more. I do think she is ready for a minute of alone time, as every so often I see her looking a a quilting book and can see that long lost sewing look in her eyes. I do understand as I have had a big workshop withdrawal this whole trip and am also looking forward to getting into a project. We both keep saying that it will be nice to get home and get ready for the garden, camp and summer stuff and have to stop and remember that just because the weather here is nice and fairly warm, Linda will still need to feed the woodstove and I might just have to snowblow or shovel that white stuff , you'all, are used to.  This is beging to sound a little sappy and I guess I am feeling that way and wanted to write while you are still readying our wit.
 I MUST give credit for our tip to a couple of people that have made it all possible and without them we could have never done it. Jeff S. our neighbor and "son" had cleared the driveway, checked and adjusted heat and sensors and who knows what else. Brian S. has taken care of mail, shoveled roofs, watered plants and kept us informed of all the happening at home.  Al C. who shoveled roofs and kept Brian smiling . They all have spouses that gave up their "men" for us  and we do appreciate that.
We have seen alot of places and travelled many miles but our best times have been the time spent with friends and family along the way. These are charished times and memories and will always be in our hearts. we got to see some of our grandchildren, sons, daughters , sister, brother-n-law, nefew and their kids.  We got to remeet my childhood best friend that I hadn't see for many many years and Joey and Brenda, it was just amazing on how we picked right back up as if we never been away. You two are simply great friends. Brenda and Linda can now relax about the "meeting", they were both wondering on how Joey and I would get along after not seeing , or even talking to each other since we were about 10 years old.  Tom and Aggie, thank you so much for the great time in southern TX, it waqs great to spend time with you without "hunting" inturpting our visit. The sharing of neighbors and friends you have there is anything one could ask for.  Rick G.(our wedding photographer and friend) it was great to finely meet your family and get to see you again. I am so glad that you could take the time to spend with us. ( he had a "TMI" a few days before we got there and still came out and visited and showed us around.)  We were looking forward to seeing Bill and Lea T. and did get to spend a few hours with them. We decieded to leave after receiving a call from home and feeling getting home to her dad was the most important. Lea, sorry that  we had to leave while you were at work. I hope we can get to see you soon.   Charlie I'm coming home with no goodies. I do wish I had more room, as I did see lots of neat "toys" that we could have had a ball with. 
I just want everyone to know that this has been a trip of a lifetime and I am so fortunate to share it with  the love of my life and just know that noone else could have stayed cooped up with me for this long.  love to you all, Russ

1 comment: